Thursday, May 19, 2011

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Love-Child Scandal

Last week, Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzennegger announced they were divorcing after 25 years of marriage.  News also broke out that Arnold had an affair with the couple's housekeeper and got her pregnant.  This is a secret that he has kept for nearly 10 years!  This women lived in their home for 20 years and he kept this a secret!  How does someone keep that secret for 10 years?!?!  Not to mention, Schwarzennegger probably has not treated this boy as one of his own children.

In my opinion, I think Schwarzennegger deserves everything he is getting and good for Shriver divorcing him!  She is also setting an example for women all over that this kind of behavior should not be tolerated.  Women shouldn't have to put up with this kind of behavior and be treated in this kind of manner.

But I can't help but feel sorry for Schwarzennegger and Shriver's four children.  What an awful thing to have to witness your parents going through.  When this has been the family those kids have grown up and been raised with, suddenly it has all changed.

This is something, I could not even dream about in my wildest dreams happening to my family.  What are your thoughts around this topic?  Has anyone experienced something very traumatic like this before?

4 comments:

  1. I've been following this story. The boy is actually almost 13 or 14. He was born on 1997. On the Today Show this morning they showed photos of the maid, but blurred out the child's face. They said he bared a strong physical resemblance to Arnold. Honestly, I am not surprised. Several years back I was watching Maria and Arnold do an interview and Arnold was talking about the first time he ever saw Maria. He walked past her and said "nice ass". Then when all of those reports of sexual harassment it just didn't seem so far fetched. They were showing clips of an interview he gave during that time. He never denied it. He just answered with more questions. I also feel sorry for the kids and Maria. I am glad to see she is filing for divorce. My father cheated on my mother. She left him and raised four girls on her own. She set a great example for us. It's better to struggle on your own and do what's right then to stay because it's comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following it too. I never saw them as a couple that would last, they seemed totally opposites. I thought Arnold married her to be in a higher socio-economic class. However they must have something because Maria defended him vigorously when he first ran for governor. It's hard for Maria and the kids, she seems a little lost but she will come out of this, I really hope she divorces him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to both of your points about the two of them not surviving as a couple, I agree with you. They seemed to have different personalities from the beginning. Even though they say opposites attract, this was something that was bound to happen. Still though it's unfortunate and hopefully they will all come out of this stronger individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria has been exposed to this situation her whole life. The Kennedy men were know cheaters. I am glad that when it happened to her, she filed for divorce. Recognizing that this is unacceptable. Unfortunately, I heard a tidbit on some show this morning, that this child that Arnold had with the maid, may not be the only "love child" that comes from this. How said for Maria and the children?

    ReplyDelete